KTHS vs Tarrant Denham Town vs St George’s College Vauxhall vs St Catherine NEEDS MORE FROM PLAYERS Group A St Mary’s College vs Cumberland Waterford vs Camperdown Meadowbrook vs Hydel Group D Kingston High vs Tivoli Haile Selassie vs Innswood Pembroke Hall vs Wolmer’s Boys St Catherine High School will look to stay second in Group D of the ISSA-FLOW Manning Cup competition when they travel to third-place Vauxhall for this afternoon’s feature game. St Catherine have seven points from their four games, one more than Vauxhall, and a win for either team would put them second behind leaders St George’s College. St Catherine eked out a 1-0 win over Kingston Technical High School (KTHS) on Friday, while Vauxhall went down 3-0 to the group leaders, and St Catherine’s coach, Anthony Patrick, said that he will be going for nothing but a win this afternoon. “We go second in the standings (after victory over KTHS), so we lead Vauxhall and KTHS by just a point. We go to Vauxhall on Monday (today), and we definitely have to go there and get the three points,” he said. Jamaica College vs Mona Bridgeport vs STATHS Group F Group B Group C However, he still believes that he needs more from his players coming off the bench in order to be a stronger force. “The midfield is our biggest problem as we have a lot of youngsters, but we are still not getting much from the changes. But the way we played at St George’s, if we turn up in that frame of mind again, we will put away the game early,” he stated confidently. Meanwhile, St George’s will look to maintain their 100 per cent record when they take on Denham Town. The Neville ‘Bertis’ Bell-coached team has so far won four from four and sits atop of the standings with a maximum 12 points. They are expected to take the full three points from their second-from-bottom opponent, Denham Town, who have three points from four matches. In the group’s other game, Kingston Technical entertain Tarrant at Deanery Road. Today’s fixtures: Holy Trinity vs Jose Marti Clan Carty vs Ascot St Jago vs Edith Dalton James
LOOK: LJ Reyes, Paolo Contis celebrate 1st birthday of baby Summer In an effort to widen his talent pool, Cooper named seven newcomers, including goalkeeper Bernd Schipmann from Germany, Michael Kempter from Switzerland, Raphael Obermair from Austria, Jesse Curran from Scotland and Elias Mordal from Norway.Young prospects Yrik Galantes, Niko De Vera and Mikel Justin Baas are also in the list.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back ChrissSPORTSCoronation night?SPORTSThirdy Ravena gets offers from Asia, Australian ball clubsThe 18-year-old Galantes, who can operate on either wing or through the middle, is under contract with Scottish club Hibernian, while De Vera is on the second team of the Portland Timbers.Asian Cup veterans Phil Younghusband and James Younghusband as well as Patrick Reichelt, who has starred in the Malaysia League this season, were also selected together with Amani Aguinaldo and Luke Woodland. Out of the 39 players on the list, 16 strut their wares in the Thai Premier League, including goalkeepers Patrick Deyto and Michael Falkesgaard, whose teams were up against each other over the weekend.With Deyto coming up with a string of impressive saves and another Filipino international, Alvaro Silva, coming up with a gallant defensive stand, Suphanburi held Falkesgaard’s Bangkok United side to a 1-1 draw.The match marked the first time that Deyto conceded a goal, but it was still a point gained for Suphanburi, which is battling to avoid relegation.Midfielder Kevin Ingreso also made an impact for reigning champion Buriram United, providing the assist to the goal of Suphanat in a 1-0 win over PTT Rayong, while Martin Steuble played the whole 90 minutes in Port FC’s 1-1 draw with Prachuap.ADVERTISEMENT View comments OSG petition a ‘clear sign’ of gov’t bid to block ABS-CBN franchise renewal — solon Steaming fissures on Taal Volcano Island spotted LATEST STORIES Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite PLAY LIST 02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award03:05Malakanyang bilib sa Phivolcs | Chona Yu01:26Homes destroyed after Taal Volcano eruption02:48ABS-CBN franchise has ‘natural deadline,’ no need for quo warranto — Gatchalian MOST READ Sons Of Apollo releases new studio album ‘MMXX’ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Benefits of township living Philippine coach Scott Cooper is set to register 39 players from where his 23-man squad will come from for the first round of World Cup qualifying matches against Syria on Sept. 5 and against Guam five days later.Captain Stephan Schrock headlines the list together with Cardiff City goalkeeper Neil Etheridge, who remains doubtful for the two matches after sustaining a hamstring injury in an English Championship match over the weekend.ADVERTISEMENT Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? Jones-McCullough matchup seems mouth-watering MRT-3 files raps vs engineer who brought ammunition to station Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Duterte lambasts Catholic Church anew in curse-laden speech before Filipino Baptists
But unlike the recent launches of next-generation game machines like Sony Corp.’s PlayStation 3, customers haven’t been camping out for days. “When I look at Windows Vista, I see a technology that is interesting, that is relevant, but to some extent is evolutionary,” said Al Gillen, an analyst at the technology research group IDC. “I do not believe it will create a lot of motivation for people to rush out and get a new operating system.” In an interview, Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates said the company actually wasn’t pushing midnight sales events – after all, the software will be available as a download over the Web for the first time. Even that route will be relatively rarely taken – Ballmer acknowledged that, as in the past, most consumers will switch to Vista only when they buy new computers. More than five years in the making, Vista was released for businesses Nov. 30, but the unveiling for consumers of the latest edition of Windows – which runs more than 90 percent of the world’s PCs – only comes today. Vista retails for $100 to $400, depending on the version and whether the user is upgrading from Windows XP. The Redmond, Wash.-based software maker contends that Vista is such a huge improvement over previous computing platforms that users inevitably say “Wow” when they see it. NEW YORK – Acrobatics, blaring music and plenty of hype accompanied Microsoft Corp.’s long-delayed debut of its new Windows Vista operating system. Hours before the software went on sale in New York, dancers clad in Microsoft colors dangled from ropes high above street level and unfurled flags to form the red, green, blue and yellow Windows logo against a building wall. At a swank midtown eatery, speakers pumped out a hit from hip-hop hotshot Snoop Dogg before Steve Ballmer, Microsoft’s chief executive officer, took to stage. “Vista is the center, the launching point for the next generation of connected entertainment in the home,” Ballmer said. Vista was set to go on sale around the globe today, along with new versions of Microsoft Exchange e-mail software and the flagship Office business suite, which includes Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Several retailers had even scheduled midnight openings. Gates ticked off some examples, such as how Vista presents a slick 3-D graphical user interface and document icons that give at-a-glance previews. Gates said the next wow comes when people start using a systemwide search program that Microsoft’s engineers built into both the operating system and new versions of Office. Vista comes as changing dynamics of computing – notably the rise of open-source software and Web-based services that replicate what traditionally could be done only on a desktop computer – are threatening Microsoft’s dominance in the industry. “When people think about their PC, they think about Windows even more than who the manufacturer is. That determines how it looks, how you navigate, what the applications are that are available,” Gates told The Associated Press. And in this case, Vista has folded in programs that users once bought separately – including automated backup systems and some spyware protections. Microsoft built Vista so that different layers could be upgraded separately, so it’s possible that this is the last massive, all-in-one update for Windows. No matter how Microsoft chooses to roll out Vista’s successor, Ballmer said there’s still work to be done.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
1 Gabriel Agbonlahor Tim Sherwood has sensationally declared that Aston Villa’s strike partnership is the best in the league outside of the top six.Fifteen goal Villa are the lowest scorers in the Premier League this season, with Leicester above them scoring nine goals more.Strikers Gabriel Agbonlahor and Christian Benteke have both scored four each this season but Sherwood insists the England international and Benteke will guide Villa to safety.He said: “It’s about this time when Gabby normally comes out and starts keeping this team in the league.“I had a lot of chats with him, a lot of chats with Christian and every player. The strike partnership outside the top six, they’ve got to be the best two.Sherwood believes Agbonlahor, Villa’s record Premier League goalscorer with 70, can get back to his best under his new role.“Absolutely,” he said, when asked whether he identified Agbonlahor as key to Villa.“Every game I’ve told him to play on the shoulder and look to get in behind, because once he gets in behind you he’s very quick and hard to stop.“He’s had a lot of games now, a lot of experience, and I’m saying: ‘Just go out there and play where you think you can hurt them, you take up positions’.“It shouldn’t be ignored and I think it was appreciated by the fans the other night, they were singing his name, you can’t imagine how much players grow from that. I’ve managed one of the hottest strikers in English football at the moment, Harry Kane; he had to win over those Tottenham fans.”
The last time the city raised rates was in 2001 after the state’s energy crisis. Utility bills jumped 10 percent, officials said. The seven-member advisory BWP board got a glimpse of the proposed rate hikes as the BWP presented an overview of its budget for the next year. Board members will continue to study the proposed rate hikes at their next meeting May 4. If they vote to recommend the increases, the issue will go before the City Council for consideration. The council is expected to take up the issue next month. If approved by the council, new rates could go into effect as early as July 1, officials said. “I don’t have enough information on this yet,” Burbank Councilman David Gordon said Friday. “I’d like to see what’s being proposed and see what is the cause of the requested increase before I comment.” Ruth Beekman, 90, said any rate hikes would pinch her already tight budget. Beekman, whose husband died 15 years ago, said she lives on $1,300 a month. “It will make a little difference,” said the retired schoolteacher, who has no mortgage payment on her nearly 2,000-square-foot home with a pool. Any raise now makes a difference, but I think I will be able to do it.” email@example.com (818) 546-3306160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! BURBANK – The board of Burbank Water and Power is considering raising utility rates to help offset the rising costs of natural gas and water, officials said. The plan, introduced during a board meeting Thursday night, recommends rate increases of 3.5 percent for power and 4.8 percent for water. That could push the average resident’s monthly bill up between $2 and $4. Currently, residents pay an average $63 a month for electricity and $36 a month for water, officials said. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREOregon Ducks football players get stuck on Disney ride during Rose Bowl eventBWP officials say the hikes are needed as the cost of natural gas is projected to rise to $82.8 million in fiscal 2006-07, up from $61.7 million last fiscal year. Water costs are expected to hit $9.4 million this fiscal year, up from $8.7 million last fiscal year, officials said. “Unfortunately, we have to raise rates,” said Joanne Fletcher, BWP’s assistant general manager for customer service and marketing. “It’s not our preference, but we have to.” Natural gas is used to fuel city-owned power plants and those of out-of-state energy suppliers, Fletcher said. The municipal utility, which has an annual budget of $300 million, provides power and water for 45,000 households and 6,000 businesses in the city.
He is survived by a daughter: Paige Brown of Salem, a step-son: Justin Young of Salem, two sisters: Karen Shelton and Gail Frost both of Salem and two grandchildren: Gavin Brown and Kelsea Hopkins.Cremation was chosen. Harold Lee Hopkins Jr age 59 of Salem passed away Sunday, July 2.Mr. Hopkins was born July 9, 1957 in Danville, Illinois the son of Harold Lee Hopkins Sr. and Jane E. Gilstrap Griffen. Lee married Rosa Johnson Hopkins on July 6, 2001 and she preceded him in death on May 16, 2017. He was also preceded in death by a son: Nicholas Hopkins and his parents.
WARNING OF GRAPHIC PICTURE CONTENT – A young man has been left with a horrific facial injury after being attacked with what is believed to have been a sword during a Christmas party.The brutal attack happened in Buncrana during the early hours of December 27th last.The man, who is in his early 20s, also suffered head, neck and back injures after being set upon in the Earlsfort area of Cockhill just after 2am. The man was rushed to Letterkenny University Hospital where he underwent emergency surgery.The picture of the man’s injuries, taken shortly after the attack, shows how the entire left side of his face was opened up during the attack.WARNING GRAPHIC PICTURE CONTENTThe horrific injury suffered by the young man during the attack in Buncrana.Garda Inspector David Murphy confirmed they are liaising with the victim as part of their investigation into the circumstances surround the attack. He confirmed “I can confirm that a weapon was used and we are treating this matter very seriously. The injured party was taken to Letterkenny Hospital for treatment following the assault but we understand he was released.”The Buncrana based officer appealed to anybody who was in the Earlsfort Avenue area at the time of the attack to come forward in confidence.He said he could not say any more about their investigation into the possible motives or reasons behind the attack.It is not understood that any arrests have yet been made in relation to the attack.Anybody with any information is asked to contact Buncrana Garda station on 07493 20540. Man receives serious head wound after being attacked with ‘sword’ was last modified: December 31st, 2016 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Voodoo Venue are celebrating the opening weekend of the 2017 Six Nations Championship by introducing a brilliant offer on drinks during all matches.From Saturday 4th February you can catch all the action live on the big screen in Voodoo Lounge, Aidy’s Bar and The Downtown.All pints will be €3 during each game in Voodoo Venue, making this hotspot the perfect place to view all the fixtures over the next two months. The highlight of the opening weekend will see Ireland starting their Six Nations campaign against Scotland in Murrayfield at 2.25pm. Fans will be able to avail of the €3 pints offer from Saturday afternoon.Voodoo Venue will be providing excellent coverage of every Six Nations clash for the next two months. Check out the full list of fixtures below.Ladies will not be left out this month – there is 25% off all cocktails every Friday night throughout February. Ladies Night has been created to thank all loyal customers at Voodoo throughout the January sales. The popular 25% discount has been extended to celebrate every Friday night.Visit Voodoo Venue on Facebook for all event updates. Check out the photos below to see how the Downtown bar has been transformed into Six Nations central! Superb Six Nations offer comes to Voodoo Venue was last modified: February 3rd, 2017 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:RUGBYSIX NATIONSVoodoo Venue
Glencar/Manorhamilton are preparing for their eighth Connacht Gold Leitrim Senior Championship final on Sunday, October 8, when they will face Mohill at Páirc Seán Mac Diarmada in Carrick-on-Shannon.Darragh Cox spoke with Glencar/Manor boss Aidan Rooney…Darragh also spoke with team captain Killian McGriskin…Audio Playerhttp://www.oceanfm.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Killian-Mc-Griskin-Pre-County-Final.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.Paddy Maguire is looking to win his fifth senior championship medal on Sunday, as also spoke with Darragh…Audio Playerhttp://www.oceanfm.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Paddy-Maguire-Pre-County-Final-1.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.
Hillary Clinton still has a slight edge over Donald Trump in the polls. But she’s CRUSHING him in one category. Way more people are naming BABIES after her.According to the website BabyCenter.com, the name “Hillary” is up 142% compared to last year. And the name “Donald” is also up . . . but only 8%.They haven’t released any results for Bernie Sanders or the other candidates, but they did post numbers for the Clinton and Trump families.The name “Bill” is up 113% . . . “Chelsea” is up 18% . . . “Melania” is up 36% . . . and “Ivanka” is up 4%.The musical “Hamilton” is also having a big effect. It’s 60% more popular as a baby name this year. “Jefferson” is up 171%, “James” is up 25% for boys . . . and 40% for GIRLS. (???)Names from the last “Star Wars” are also more popular than they were last year. “Rey” is up 82% for girls . . . and “Kylo” is up 67% for boys, even though he’s the bad guy.